Thursday, November 11, 2010

Cultural research through language immersion (by Holly)

The Cookbook Linguists collaborating on this project have cited and agree that "language plays a key role in the production and circulation of meaning" (Caroline). My experiences studying abroad as an undergraduate have shaped my research in an empirical way, and have inspired my cultural studies capstone to include developing a curriculum for my own private language school. I participated in four separate language immersion programs in three countries, spending a total of nine months living in South America, and I have a solid idea of what is possible and can be accomplished in Seattle.

Photobucket
Diálogo - Portuguese language immersion school where I studied for four weeks in Salvador da Bahia, Brasil; April 2009

Photobucket
With my Portuguese profesora, Tatiana

Photobucket
Certificate of Participation

1 comment:


  1. overseas education consultants in himayat nagar do you want to study in abroad today or in the next intake. we are the best and top rated study abroad consultancies in india with good visa assurance.we help you in filing the f1 visa for you in very less time. we are also help you with information needed to apply for the college university.

    ReplyDelete